I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by two great bloggers, if you are not friends with them already then why not check them out and see if they are your cuppa tea? http://www.blog.co.uk/user/Barmac and again by http://www.blog.co.uk/user/whoknowsnow and here is how it works;
So basically what this Liebster Award is all about...
Link back to the person who nominated you
Write 11 random facts about yourself
Answer 11 questions written for you
Make up 11 new questions and nominate 11 other bloggers
11 Random Facts About Me;
1. Pure white animals give me the heebie jeebies
2. I am teaching myself to knit
3. I flirt all the time, with anyone
4. I make my own Christmas cards (well mostly)
5. I have just started an inspiration wall in my study
6. If I could be skinnier or smarter I would opt for skinnier (yes I am that shallow!)
7. I hate housework
8. I am a shoe-a-holic, owning hundreds of pairs
9. I love to cook but don't have a signature dish
10. My New Year's Eve bash this year was a barbeque (I was so determined not to let another year go by without lighting the bloody thing)
11. I don't like parsnips
11 Questions Asked by Barmac
1.What are you most proud of ?
The fact that, without training we have managed to get our daughter to the age of almost 14 without too many crisis.
2.What is your favourite pudding?
This is hard as I love pudding, but probably a really good chocolate mousse with rum in it
3.Describe yourself in three words
Loyal, chubby, high-maintenance
4.What is your favourite film?
5.Where is the nicest place you have ever been ?
Ooh another tough one, lots of places have lots of great points but overall probably Mauritus
6.Why did you start a blog?
Loneliness due to recently moving
7.What hobbies do you have?
Currently I am learning to knit and I always have a craft project on the go
8.What's your favourite drink?
Pimms and lemonade
9.Where's once place you would like to visit and why?
St Petersburg because I studied Russian culture as part of my degree and found the place fascinating
10.Sun or snow?
11.What's your favourite plant?
Poppy cos they signify endurance as they grow anywhere
Questions asked by whoknowsnow;
1. Who is your inspiration?
My husband does so much for other people that it would have to be him
2. If you could travel in time, where would you go?
Victorian London but I would be a popular Courtesan not a poor prostitute
3. What is your favourite book?
Really hard to answer as I have lots, but I just finished The Crying Tree by Naseem Rakha and it had me in tears, a brilliant book
4. Do you have a motto?
IF you don't like it, change it or stop whining about it
5. What are you most proud of?
see answer to Barmac's question 1.
6. Where is your favourite place?
Home, in front of the fire
7. When, where and with whom was your first kiss?
Bloody hell! Ummmm I was 15 his name was Sean and it would have been on my front step - a mean feat as he had to stand on the step while I stood on the path as he was about a foot shorter than me lol
8. If you were due to be executed, what would you choose as your final meal?
I doubt I would be able to eat anything because of the fear of execution
9. Which age did you most enjoy being?
there were two, 17 and 24
10. If you could have dinner with any one historical character, who would you choose?
11. What do you normally drink on a night out
I nominate the following bloggers for the Award
Most blog often enough, some nowhere near often enough but I like them all very much as well as blogs of other friends but I could only pick 11
Now go and visits these excellent blogs as well,
My Questions To The Nominee's Are :
1.What do you wear to bed?
2.What item of clothing do you remove last when getting undressed?
3.Who would play you in the film of your life, as a youth, young adult and oap?
4.Who would get your last rolo?
5.If you were an animal which would it be and why?
6.Who did you last snog?
7.What is your favourite comfort food?
8.What never fails to cheer you up?
9.What would convince God if there is one to let you into heaven?
10.What was your last Random Act of Kindness?
11.You invite me for dinner, what do you cook?